Summer is quickly approaching and the days keep getting hotter as the sun shines even longer. What better way is there to cool down than a trip to a water park? It turns out you don't have to travel too far to visit one of the country's best water parks as it can be found right here in Georgia.
The Edvocate released its list of the best water parks in the U.S. for 2023, and while several can be found in popular destination states like Florida and California, there are plenty top-notch parks scattered around the country that promise lots of fun in the sun.
According to the site, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor near Atlanta is worth a visit to cool down in the summer heat while experiencing exciting thrills on the park's various attractions, including Calypso Bay Wave Pool, Bonzai Pipelines and Tsunami Surge. Learn more about the water park at the Six Flags Over Georgia website.
These are the 20 best water parks in the country, according to the site:
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark (Texas)
- Typhoon Lagoon (Florida)
- Hurricane Harbor (California)
- Noah's Ark Waterpark (Wisconsin)
- Aquatica (Florida)
- Water Country USA (Virginia)
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (Georgia)
- Blizzard Beach (Florida)
- Splashin' Safari (Indiana)
- Wet 'n' Wild (North Carolina)
- Wild Rivers (California)
- Water World (Colorado)
- Great Wolf Lodge Waterpark (Ohio)
- LEGOLAND Water Park (Florida)
- Rapids Water Park (Florida)
- Adventure Island (Florida)
- Kalahari Resort Waterpark (Pennsylvania)
- Enchanted Forest Water Safari (New York)
- Wild Waves Theme & Water Park (Washington)
- Hawaiian Falls (Texas)
Check out the full list of America's best water parks at theedadvocate.org.